Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
- Make up your mind in advance. I've done it approx 2 months in advance. That way you have time to ruminate on it. Plan for it. Smoke your heart out (hahaha, pun intended).
- Set a date and stick to it. I picked 1/1/11.
- Smoke every cigarette you have the night before or throw them away when you go to bed.
- Also? smoke a SHITLOAD that night before.
- On the day you quit, for me anyway, it helps to not leave the house. :)
- Distract yourself. Don't think about it. Don't dwell on it. Do something else (but don't make that something be snacking or eating).
- Avoid temptation. Not forever, but at least for a few weeks.
- If you MUST snack (it's an oral fixation after all), stock up on carrots and celery. I know, they suck but still. Better than smoking or eating cookies.
- So much more time! Think of all the time I've wasted going downstairs to have a smoke, smoking, coming back upstairs (at work).
- Saving money! it's been 13 days and I've already saved $60!
- I don't stink any more!!! Yay!
- I haven't noticed this yet but I remember from last time - I went from teeth cleanings every 4 months to just every 6 months! :-) (ALSO saving time and money!)
- Within 2-3 days of quitting - I no longer have to clear my throat or cough all the time. It's awesome!!!
- I do feel better
Thursday, November 25, 2010
2010 has been a very good year for me. I'm such a very lucky person - I have an amazing husband (even if he doesn't mind so well), awesome friends, the most adorable kittehs in the world, and a fabulous (and somewhat glamorous from the outside) job.
That said, here's a list of as many things as I can think of to be thankful for, right now:
- Baby, he's really good to me and loves me. IN SPITE of his annoying football schedule and inability to communicate, he's AWESOME.
- Maddie, she's the cutest little peanut of a kitteh and loves me SO MUCH. Her sweet little face and awesome night cuddles/licking of my face are adorable!
- Mythos, he's my baby boy! So beautiful, regal, soft, and a mama's boy.
- Micah, he's always purring, and always stare-y, I also love how much he worships Baby.
- My Atlanta friends - oh my god I am so lucky for all of my friends. I have so many too. I'm always thinking about just a few short years ago when I had NO FRIENDS. I'm not kidding. I mean - I had friends, but seriously only ONE that lived in Atlanta. I'm happy for the new and old. My lovelies and all my friends are so important to me.
- My Non-Atlanta friends! Man, I'm so lucky to have so many friends spread across the WORLD! This Thanksgiving, I'm thinking of dear friends in Chicago, LA, Paris, Houston, Dallas, NYC, Greensboro, Raleigh, Freeport/Brazoria/Lake Jackson, San Antonio, Italy (somewhere, just not sure where!), Alabama, Oxford, Williamsburg, DC, Arlington, VA, and just all over!!
- Shannon's rack - who isn't thankful for that shit??
- Jason's health - I'm so thankful that in spite of HIV, Jason is healthy and (relatively?) happy (as happy as Jason gets, lets be honest).
- My family - I don't know what I'd do without the H's. All of 'em. TT, Dad, Pups, Alli, Heathers, Craigers. I'm also so happy and thankful that my cousin, L, and I have reconnected over the past couple of years. I love her!!!
- Baby's family - I just adore adore adore my SIL. I want her to come visit ALL THE TIME. I'm so thankful that Baby's family is great to me and embraces me. I love them!
- Work & my business partners - I love my job. Sure it's stressful and I work a million hours, but I enjoy what I do, I feel appreciated, I feel like I know (mostly) what I'm doing while still have plenty that I don't know so that I'm always learning and growing. My two business partners are AWESOME. Before now I really never knew the people I work for and with could be so much fun. We have a great rapport and communication. I love it!
- Happiness - I'm thankful for the fact that I am able to recognize and be happy about all that I have to be thankful for. I'm thankful for my happiness. Some people just can't/don't appreciate what they have.
- Health - I'm very thankful that Baby & I are both healthy and able to do whatever we want without limitation.
- Facebook & Twitter - I KNOW you guys hate this stuff, but man am I thankful for these online social tools. Without them, travel would be so much harder - but now I get to know about EVERYTHING that everyone is doing to leave me out. I've also reconnected with so many people that I adore and made so many new friends!!! I LOVE THAT!
- Our home - Baby and I are so lucky to have such an amazing home. It fits us perfectly!
- Our travel - I'm so luck to have a husband that wants and loves to travel as much as I do. And we are incredibly lucky to have the means and ability to do it.
I'm sure that there are a million more things for which I'm thankful, but this thankful ass needs to get in the shower to go eat some of that amazing food Sissy is making for us. I wish everyone of you an amazing and wonderful thanksgiving.
Let the shopping begin!
Friday, October 22, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Wednesday, June 09, 2010
girls! What do you think if have to do to get them to move to Atlanta??
Anyway, I'm about to board a flight home and remembered that Kris said
she wished I'd write down what I want to write posts about so I don't
I have SO MANY posts floating in my head!
1. Thing to know before you go to Europe
2. A summary of our trip, I'd love to break it up by country and
definitely highlight the restaurants we loved and tell you where NOT
3. Tips and tricks for those about to be marrieds.
4. How freaking EXCITED I am about KoCu's upcoming nuptuals and the
fact that they are letting me help plan!!
5. Thoughts, observations, and feelings from a friend's dad's funeral
last week. So MUCH to say about this!!
6. And ode to Kris and all the things I love about her!!
I really REALLY hope I find time to do this. I really appreciate the
support from Kris & DLM to try to make time to write posts. Thanks
Saturday, May 22, 2010
- eggs for breakfast
- bread (an endless supply of this, thank god)
- margherita pizza
- caprese salad
- grilled veggies (meaning grilled zucchini & eggplant, nothing else)